Are disposable cameras a good idea at a wedding? We look at the pros and cons
Published 01 March, 2023 by Paul Geraghty
Having disposable cameras at a wedding can be a fun and unique way to capture memories from the perspective of your guests. To get the most out of disposable cameras:
- Place them on tables: Place the disposable cameras on each table at the reception so that guests can take photos of the decorations, food, and each other.
- Provide instructions: Clearly label the cameras and provide instructions on how to use them, as well as when and where to leave them once they're used.
- Have a designated place for them: Have a designated place for the used cameras to be collected, such as a box or basket, so that they can be developed later.
- Include a note in the invitation: Consider mentioning in the wedding invitation that disposable cameras will be provided, so guests know to expect them and can bring their own if they prefer.
- Develop the photos: After the wedding, have the photos developed and put them in an album or scrapbook as a fun way to look back on the memories captured by your guests.
Disposable cameras can add a fun and unique touch to your wedding day and provide a different perspective on the events of the day. Up until recently they were the only means of capturing candid moments from your wedding, other than hiring a photographer to stay throughout the day and night.
New services, like WeddingPixie are certainly more environmentally friendly alternatives. Disposable cameras are an expensive addition to a wedding. Environmental impact of the plastics and chemicals used in the manufacture and processing of analog film versus a digital solution.